Wednesday, April 01, 2009

So here's my big news.

it's been a weird couple of days.
got into a really awkward moment with
Adam on Monday which led to us not talking
whole of Tuesday- and it really was the weirdest thing ever,
cause we talk pretty much ALL the time
and the house was incredibly tense.
but thankfully everything was resolved today
and i'm on good terms with all my friends again.
yay.

but yeah remember i was talking about
my big news few posts back?

well here it is, cause it got made official today.

I'm going to be the SocialActionCoordinator
for Christian Union next year!

what that means is that I'm going to
be creating opportunities for the CU body
to go out and help the poor/needy/homeless,
which I'm really passionate about.

I realise that I've changed so much,
before Belfast I've always thought of doing socialactiony
stuff but never really bothered enough to do it,
but since coming here I've been really fired up
and this is going to be awesome cause
it means that I can actually plan and do stuff!
(:

yay.

So I've decided I'm not going to be wasting this
golden opportunity and dedicate this next year
towards doing as much as possible
(of course medicine comes top)
and stop wasting my time doing/thinking unnecessary things!
seriously- i've spent too much time being
idle and letting unimportant things distract me.
):


big news #2- my best girlfriend in Belfast
is moving in with me next year!!
(: (: (:
sarinah's going to be moving in as matthew moves out.
I'm really excited for her to move in,
but also quite sad that matthew has to go.
but seriously- it's going to be awesome.

all throughout last year when matthew mentioned
that he may be moving out, the only person
I would've wanted to move in was her
but it was always quite impossible
but it's actually happening!! (:

she's the only white person i know
who has her own rice cooker and calls
capsicums 'capsicums' cause everyone else
here calls them peppers (which they are clearly not).

the funny thing is, her mum was a missionary
in Indonesia for the longest time so their family
is quite Asiany and she seems to think
that sarinah will be able to pick up loads of
Asian cooking skills from me
and that's just a joke (:

cause I am pretty clueless!

but yeah exciting stuff for next year!
it's going to be busy but ohsogood.

so yeah btw i have to get vaccinations for Nepal
and they're going to cost at least 150pounds.
seriously.
): maybe i should just risk getting rabies?

does anyone know how high the incidence of getting
rabies is in Kathmandu??
blergh.

okay shower time.

3 Comments:

Blogger shereen said...

its so great what you're doing.. =)
i dunno if i can ever be so motivated like u...

6:09 pm  
Blogger sammietan said...

shereen: it's so not me doing it alone, it's God working through me!
don't worry, your time will come too (:

11:08 pm  
Blogger princessjo said...

ahaha sammie, I think I rather you spend that cash cuz rabies is quite rampant and you do not want to get them.

anyway, nice to hear that you've been so involved with God's work! P/S Money being wired across over soon! :)

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home