Thursday, July 23, 2009

malaysians are everywhere!!

i found out today when i went knocking
on my neighbour's door that i live next to a
malaysian missionary here in kathmandu.
it was nice hearing all the 'la's' again,
but not as nice as tomorrow..

WHEN I FLY HOME!!!
:D :D :D

woohoo!

also, i've seen quite amazing things in the past week.
first the Himalayas, and then yesterday was
the solar eclipse- which happens once in 78 years!
and i woke up, still lying on my bed
wondering why on earth it was so dark outside
and then two words came into my head-
solar eclipse!
i jumped up immediately and ran outside,
and i saw this perfect round thing blocking the sun,
which was pretty cool but it really wasn't
as amazing as i thought it would've been-
from the photos i've seen before i thought that
it would've been total darkness but no.

and me being the very smart person i am,
ignored all the warnings about looking at it
directly without any special equipment and
stared at the eclipse for 5 minutes
and paid the price for half an hour later
cause all i could see were black spots-
serves me right!

another thing- maybe cause i've lived here
for almost 6 weeks now, i've somehow changed
to look really Nepali or something cause
everyone is talking to me in Nepali!

it's really funny cause i was with this
English woman who speaks Nepali really well
and she was trying to tell the bus driver something
but he just ignored her and kept on asking me
what I wanted- poor woman!

but i am disgustingly tan- i love it!

okay, more news from me when i reach home
(:

p/s pray for things to go well please,
i dont think i could take it if the airline
suddenly decides to cancel the flight!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cher said...

im so excited i cannot wait!! :))

11:18 pm  
Blogger Inspktor said...

I hope the damage to your eyes aren't permanent. But yea looking forward to see you home! :)

7:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home