Friday, July 03, 2009

i am forever grateful to the amazing+
incredibly generous friend that is Adam Milne!

because..

I AM WRITING THIS ON MY LAPTOP ((:

yes, he drove from Newry>> Belfast
to get dear old Nathan the clunky noisy unreliable computer
and gave it to Catherine who had to lug it all the way!

(catherine's from NI and will be working in the same school)

and then I had a fright cause it wouldn't work
with the wireless and had to bring it over
to the International school for the IT guys
to look over which took an hour and finally,
the glorious moment arrived where I could
finally finally get Internet in my room!!!
(:

oh how I took things for granted.

on the sick front: it's hard getting better with the terrible
polluted air over here, so i've been getting
worse and worse actually-
it got so bad on tuesday, i woke up with
burning eyes and just lots of heat
emanating from my body so I left work
after 2 periods and came home to sleep
but I couldn't cause I was coughing too much.

it's been a pattern lately with the night coughing,
it's annoying but it's easier to deal with than
the swollen gums in Week 1 so i'm not going to complain.

anyway going to see some sights this week with Catherine here
so I won't look so touristy- going to some place
where they cremate dead bodies (which is apparently
some great big tourist attraction- WHY?!)
and some temply places, which is pretty much
all of Nepal cause temples/worshippy placesĀ 
seem to be everywhere- and they all have intricate
woodwork and stuff like that which really remind
me of my parents.

also, this week I finally got my kurtasuruwal made,
my beautiful Nepali outfit that is so loose
it's like wearing pajamas all day
(which is my ultimate dream) so I'm very happy
and hoping to buy a few more to wear everyday!

expect more updates now!
(:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Melodie Kolmodin said...

So good to read this! Hope you get better, Sammie. There are some people here at CLBC including myself whom are sick, too. But of course, we have clean air here in the country.

Love you, girl! Melodie

3:31 am  
Anonymous Cher said...

get well soon, honey.
show us a pic of you in kurtasuruwal. hehe. :)

xx

4:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home