Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today Was My Best Day In Belfast.




pic 1 is Belfast City Hall,
pic 2 & 3 is my uni.
IT'S FRIKKIN BEAUTIFUL!

1. I GOT INTERNET!
now i dont have to sit in my room all day
reading/sleeping/doing nothing/people watching.
i really have NOTHING TO DO.

2. I FOUND WHERE ALL THE SHOPPING IS!
well every afternoon i go for these 3-4 hr walks
to different places just exploring and today,
i stumbled upon this huh-uge area where
ALL THE SHOPS WERE.

i swear i almost died.
then i saw this shop selling nice clothes
for 1pound. *Ho, you will die.
but dont worry mummy i didnt buy anything.
im here to study and not shop (;
hahaha.

3. I HAD MY FIRST SEMI-FILLING,
NUTRIENT FILLED MEAL.
it was a free ham-and-tomato sandwich.
yeah im pathetic i've been eating cereal yoghurt
oranges bread and jam for these 4 days.
can you tell im dying?
i have no cooking stuff yet + no microwaveable container
so no cooking at the moment
and the microwave foods are too expensive.
i'm already spending too much of my parent's $ okay!


well so far i'm really keeping to myself
since everyone is mostly from here
and have groups of friends already.
99.9% are irish, and i don't see and Asians.

tmr's my MedSchool Orientation
so hopefully i will make friends that dont
talk so fast (:

my legs are falling off from the walking
*everything's v far from the Student Village
and THERE IS NO HOT WATER
it's like taking an ice shower seriously
REALLY CAN DIE!

eeee.
Skype me, i have nothing to do!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

eh, they use the pound in North Ireland? didn't realise that.

hope u have lots of fun during Med School Orientation! no more people-watching from your room window! all the hot guys are OUTSIDE okay =p you need to go out there and make some friends! even fast-talking ones! haha...

12:48 am  
Blogger Inspktor said...

Northern Ireland is part of the UK and they use the pound, Southern Ireland is independent and uses the Euro.

Yea it's good to have a nice mixed bag of friends so you don't go all the way to the UK and have only Malaysian/Singapore friends. But you sure the water heater is working properly? You should check with reception that everything in your room works ok.

1:34 am  
Blogger Lauren said...

eeyer... cold water AND cold weather?? sucks to be you...:) but ur uni looks super nice.. when do u start classes?

2:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do the "guys" way, don't bath 3 days to avoid the cold icy bath, my fren here even said "are you kidding me? when is really cold i can don't bath for like a week" so yeah ! do the "guys" way!

-david

3:57 am  
Blogger sammietan said...

jason: ahha yeah. well im gonna talk later okay! i can't be the quiet one, it's just not me.

phyebeng: I GOT HOT WATER YAY!

lauren: NICE RIGHT?! its just the outside though the real buildings are more modern. i start monday nx week (:

david: YOUR HEAD EW!

8:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home