Thursday, January 26, 2006

chinese new year is here.. again :(
it's probably nice if you've got a nice big close-knit family
but since i dont have all of that,
CNY ranks pretty low on my 'fave holidays' list.

i've always wanted a huge family with cousins all over the world
but sadly the furthest cousin i have stays in Penang :(
i hate family dinners and stuff *urgh*
the relatives on my mum's side all speak hokkien
and since i can't speak a word of Hokkien (although i undstand it really well),
all the communication between us is done in sign language.
my dad's side is slightly better
but there is always immense pressure coz' they're all super smart.
all of my cousins on my dad's side get straight A's in every exam
and all of them receive scholarships!
there's even this cousin who went to some hotshot school in S'pore
and got first in the whole school.
what's worse is that my grandmother keeps on telling my mum
that she beter bring me to a doctor to see why i am so overweight.
*my great family, huh?*

the only one thing nice about CNY : neeeeeewwwwww clothes!
and that makes up for everything *yay*

happy new year :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home