Sunday, April 24, 2005

Yesterday was one of my most amazing, exciting days ever with.. COPA IBA!
It was such a relief that we even had a team to participate cuz we actually didn’t register and pay yet ;)
I wasn’t playing anyway, so I got to see all the action happening :)

These are the highlights of the day:

1) I got scolded three times, twice by some grouchy PA man, and once by David (I still remember that!)
2) I almost killed some people by frantically waving my umbrella around while getting too emotional over the Juniors’ games *haha*
3) We weren’t told to bring a flag so our official flag was a little Buttercup balloon (caleb’s pressie). It looked so silly next to all the big shot flags all the teams brought :(
4) One of our junior members almost broke her nose after colliding with my sister’s evil (and empty) forehead.
5) A guy thought that I was anderson’s girlfriend! He thought that I was 28 and after I tricked him by telling him that I was Anderson’s sister, he actually believed me! Summore he had the cheek to say, ‘whoa! You so young also almost same size as Anderson ah!’ I was going to whack him then L lousy fella!
6) Our Juniors got 2ND PLACE! *yay!*

Anyway, isn’t it amazing how the worst sides of people always show during games?
I mean like, Copa Iba is a inter-church event right, so one would expect everyone to be polite and courteous to each other, but yesterday all the ugly alter egos of people started showing. Like this girl from some church swore loudly in the middle of a game just because she lost the ball or something liddat. I mean, its your mistake that that happened and all, so swear for what? Then there were people screaming at the opponents and looking murderously at them. Isn’t the objective of Copa Iba to evangelize? Imagine the impression non-Christian friends get when they see us acting this way. What a horrible testimony! They would probably think of Christians as hypocrites who always seem to do all the saintly stuff but in reality the way we show ourselves is no difference to unbelievers!
Are we acting like people who bear the cross in our hearts? Are we being the salt and light to the world?

Im still working on that :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home